Telephone : 527 - 02 -32
RESTORATION AND ENGINEERING DIVISION
The Restoration and Conservation Division was
created when Presidential Decree No. 260 was approved on August 1973.
As per Executive Order No. 117 (Reorganization
1987) the division was renamed Restoration and Engineering Division with
nineteen (19) personnel and position item.
FUNCTIONS OF RESTORATION & ENGINEERING
1. To plan, organize, direct and supervise architectural,
engineering and technical services in the preparation of exhibit designs
for museum galleries that support research and development in the physical
and natural sciences, as well as anthropological studies;
2. To plan, organize, direct and supervise researches
on the original design, materials and method best suited to immovable cultural
properties, historical and archaeological landmarks;
3. To plan, organize, direct and supervise construction,
repairs and maintenance of museum buildings, field stations and other museum
projects in support of research and development;
4. To conduct scientific and technical survey and documentation
of immovable cultural landmarks and prepare plans and write-ups;
5. Prepares guidelines in the implementation of Presidential
Decree 260, 756 and 1492 and Presidential Proclamation 996 and 1683 which
directs general supervision over restoration, preservation, reconstruction,
demolition, alteration of immovable cultural landmarks;
6. To plan, organize, direct and supervise architectural,
engineering and technical services in the actual restoration and preservation
of immovable cultural landmarks as mandated by Nations Cultural Haritage
Laws in support of research and development;
7. To perform such other functions as maybe provided
by Republic Act 8492.
1. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, FORT PILAR, ZAMBOANGA CITY
Project started in 1979, still in progress on the restoration, reconstruction
and development of Fort Pilar Buildings 1, 2, and 4 have been completed
with 3 maintained as ruins. The inner court is being landscaped. Sub-structures
are being constructed to include sanitary facilities and laboratory. The
external perimeter of the main walls is being landscaped and fenced.
2. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, BUSAY, CAGSAWA, DARAGA, ALBAY
Started in 1982 and still developing. The administrative and the main
exhibition areas have been completed including the fencing of the property.
Additional exhibition structures are being constructed (Phase II). An additional
auditorium and special studies hall are being planned.
3. TABON CAVES COMPLEX, TAWA-TAWA, LIPUUN POINT, QUEZON, PALAWAN
The project started in 1979. Previous work included the completion
of a museum building, and the network of stairways (1,328 steps) connecting
some of the caves (7 caves) for easier access. Present arrangement with
the Department of Tourism will include the construction of sanitary facilities
and a wharf
4. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, LUBUAGAN, KALINGA
New branch to be opened. Repair of the donated building and construction
of exhibition facilities are ongoing. Projected is the construction of
Kalinga house-types nearby.
5. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, CAPITOL SITE, JOLO, SULU
New branch being rehabilitated. The interior of the building is being
remodeled and exhibition facilities are being constructed for a display
of Tausug Culture.
6. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, ANGONO PETROGLYPHS SITE, BINANGONAN, RIZAL
A development project together with the Department of Tourism that
includes the construction of a building, catwalk, landscaping, conservation
7. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, BOAC, MARINDUQUE
Convertion of an old structure into a museum completed in 1993.
8. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, MAGSINGAL, ILOCOS SUR
Convertion of an old ruin church into a museum completed in 1979.
9. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, KABAYAN, BENGUET
A one story building with basement, constructed in a 500 square mts.
lot in 1989.
10. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, BOLINAO, PANGASINAN
An exhibition building with a floor area of 288 sq. mts. And a field
and research station with a floor area of 144 sq. mts.
11. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, TUGUEGARAO, CAGAYAN
An exhibition building with a floor area of 144 sq. mts. Erected within
the capitol site of the province in 1980.
12. NATIONAL MUSEUM FIELD STATION, PEÑABLANCA, CAGAYAN
A field and research station with a floor area of 144 sq. mts. Erected
within the lot property of Bureau of Forestry in 1980.
13. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, DORONGAN, BUTUAN CITY
An exhibition building with a floor area of 1059 sq. mts. And repository
building floor area of 72 sq. mts. Erected in a lot area of 19,657 sq.
14. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, LIBERTAD, BUTUAN CITY
Balanghai Site Museum building with a floor area of 150 sq. mts.
15. NATIONAL MUSEUM BRANCH, FORT SAN PEDRO, CEBU CITY
A Two (2) separate exhibition building one located on top of the entrance
and another a two storey structure exhibition showcase were completed last
1993. The structure are on lease with the Department of Tourism.